Welcome to the poolife® Solution Center – a helpful, comprehensive resource for pool care troubleshooting. Choose the problem you are trying to address from the drop down menu below and we’ll help you return your pool to its ideal condition. We have highlighted the most common pool problems. If you need specialized attention, please consult your local professional poolife® Dealer.
The addition of shock and algaecide on a regular basis will be more effective at preventing algae growth than treating algae once it is visible in a pool. However, if algae does appear, follow the steps below for treatment:
- Adjust the pH to 7.2 - 7.4.
- Brush the pool sides vigorously.
- Shock the pool with poolife® TurboShock® shock treatment or poolife® Rapid Shock® shock treatment.
- Add poolife® AlgaeBomb® 30, poolife® Super AlgaeBomb® 60, or poolife® Algae Ban II according to label directions. Your authorized poolife® Dealer can recommend which product is best for your pool.
- Run the filter 24 - 48 hours, brushing and vacuuming frequently.
- If algae remains a problem, contact your authorized poolife® Dealer for further directions.
NOTE – If you continue to experience algae, despite a high chlorine reading, the pool water may contain too much stabilizer (cyanuric acid) which interferes with the efficiency of the chlorine. Ensure you are following responsible pool care by shock-treating with a poolife® calcium hypochlorite-based shock product and contact your authorized poolife® Dealer for further directions.