Simple Steps to Sparkling, Clear Water
A pool is a thing of beauty. And keeping it that way is simple. Following the professional advice in these pages will help you prevent problems before they start and solve problems as they occur. Choose a topic from the pull-down menu below and we’ll help you maintain your pool at its ideal condition.
- – Calculating Pool Volume
- – Start Up / Pool Opening
- – Water Balancing
- – Algae Prevention
- – Chlorination
- – Shock Treatment
- – Routine Care & Maintenance
- – Pool Closing
Calculating Pool Volume
Before you can determine the correct dosage of any chemical you're going to add, it's important to know how much water your pool holds. Make all your measurements in feet. Example: use 12.5 instead of 12' 6".
1. Figure out the average depth of your pool.
- (deep end depth) feet + (shallow end depth) feet = _______ feet / 2 = (average depth) feet
2. Calculate your pool's capacity using one of the formulas below.
- Rectangular or square: (length) feet x (width) feet x (average depth) feet x 7.5 = (pool capacity) gallons
- Oval: (maximum length) feet x (maximum depth) feet x (average depth) feet x 5.9 = (pool capacity) gallons
- Circular: (diameter) feet x (diameter) feet x (average depth) feet x 5.9 = (pool capacity) gallons
NOTE: This guide is designed to explain the necessary steps to maintain your pool. It is not a substitute for reading and following product labels. If, after reading this guide, you have any pool care questions, please consult your Authorized poolife® dealer.