If there is an emergency requiring immediate medical attention, call 911 immediately.
If you’re exposed to pool chemicals, contact a physician immediately and follow the appropriate steps as listed below:
- In the event of skin or eye contact with chlorine products, flush the area with water for at least 15 minutes.
- If chemicals are accidentally ingested, sip on water, but do not induce vomiting. Never give anything to drink to an unconscious person.
- If fumes have been inhaled, move the affected person to fresh air as quickly as possible.
Chemical Disposal and Spillage
If you have an incident involving poolife® Products call 1-800-654-6911. This is the Lonza Emergency Action Network (LEAN). The people who answer the phone are all trained to assist you in an emergency.
- Call the LEAN line, 1-800-654-6911, for assistance in disposing of chemicals. Do not throw them in the trash.
- If any of your pool or spa chemicals spill, call 1-800-654-6911 for special handling instructions.
– Do not backwash into a stream or river.
– Do not throw spilled material into trash.
- A spill requires emergency handling if there is any sign of activity such as a bulging container, bubbling, hissing, gassing, smoking, or fire. In such an event, call 1-800-654-6911 and notify them of the activity.